Software review: Flarium24
In this short review, we will have a look at Flarium24. The last version is 8.9 and appeared in March 1998. It is the software I use for most of the fractals presented in this website.
License: Flarium24 is a freeware. It is available at the developper site. The source code is also provided.
Platforms: Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000
Ease of use: The software is very easy to use: just choose your fractal type and the filter you want to use, zoom and play with the colors. That's it.
- 160 fractal equations
- 60 filters
- You can create your own formulae
- True color (24 bits) pictures
- Color cycling with fixed step for each fundamental color (red, green, blue)
- Maximum picture size: 256MB (around 89 million pixels)
- Ease of use
- Beautiful results
- Quite old: last version in 1998
- Not very fast
Copyright ©1998-2017 Philippe Wautelet